Thinking of selling your house? 5 reasons why fall is a great time to list
Although the weather is cooler, the real estate market is heating up again! Here are five reasons why the fall real estate market is a great time to list your house. In fact, it’s the second most productive time of the year after the spring rush.
- Demand is high. With inventory rising and more listings coming on the market in October, buyers will also follow and are ready to buy now.
- Less competition. After the multi-offer competition for houses in the spring and summer, buyers are looking for a home without the added frenzy of bidding wars.
- Interest rates are still historically low. That means that buyers can now afford more home for their money. How great is that?
- The holidays are an emotional time. Buyers are looking for the perfect home to host their own family get-togethers – and are more likely to pay your asking price.
- Buyers are serious. They’ve waited until the fall holiday rush and want to find a home quickly.
Whether you’re ready to sell your house or not, fall is also a great time to take care of that maintenance list to prepare your home for colder weather. Service appliances, HVAC system and ensure all major aspects of the home are in good working order. And, go ahead and de-clutter your space and make it as neutral as possible so that your home is ready for potential buyers. Fall maintenance can save both money and time in the coming months.