Selling your home? 5 tips to make it stand out from the rest
If you’re thinking of selling your home, contact The Premier Team at RE/MAX Executive. Our winning team of agents offers the expertise to sell your home quickly, for top dollar and with minimum stress. For the month of June, The Premier Team led the entire Charlotte-area RE/MAX Executive firm in listings, sales, and closings with a listing volume of $6,875,400 and closed volume of $13, 622,260.
We’ll help you prepare your home to sell so that it’s irresistible and marketable to buyers. Here are five tips to ensure that your home stands out from the rest:
- Clear the clutter: This is huge for potential buyers in picturing themselves and their belongings in your home. Clear away all the unnecessary clutter that could prevent them from seeing your home’s unique features. Remember that less is best. In the kitchen, put away any appliances and items on your countertops. Also, to make the space warm and inviting, add some colorful flowers in a vase or a bowl of fruit. And, in the bedrooms, Feng Shui the space (including closets) so that they’re neat and organized. Keep in mind that buyers will open your closets to look at the storage space. For buyers to visualize themselves in your home, stage it like a model home. That way, they’ll begin to envision their own personal furniture and items in your home.
- Make repairs and improvements:Adding a neutral coat of fresh paint is an easy and inexpensive way to make a home look updated and fresh. Clean and repair carpet or add new carpet to freshen the space. Make any needed repairs and update old appliances and fixtures. Also, make sure that all the light fixtures are working and replace any light bulbs if needed.
- Clean:You want your home to shine when buyers walk through the door. Does your home sparkle and smell great? Everyone feels better in a space that is clean and fresh. A thorough cleaning inside and out makes your home appear almost new again. Cleaning includes washing all the windows (inside and out, including screens and tracks), walls, and floors. And, if needed, power wash the exterior of the house, driveways, patio areas, and fences.
- Curb appeal: Inviting buyers inside your home begins on the outside. Mow the lawn and keep it weed-free, and prune shrubs, trees, and hedges. Make sure your sprinkler system is in good working order and repair any fences, gutters, and decks. Colorful flowers and plants outside also add warmth and pizazz.
- Think about photography and staging:Professional photographs are one of the most crucial components of the listing because most buyers begin their home search online. Now, more than ever, high-definition (HD) professional photos ensure more views resulting in more showings. And, video tours using state-of-the-art , full motion, walk-through videography of your home gives potential buyers a true feel for your home and floor plan before they walk through the door.